Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Deep Stack Tournament Jokers

Since I don't seem to be able to make up my mind which way I want to go I am playing all sorts of games and will just have fun with them.  It hurts a little bit when I don't cash but about 15 minutes will go by and I forget about it.  One of the things I will do is try to learn from each session and figure out what I did and how I don't want to do that again.  Sometimes it works and then other times I just have to go by my instincts with something else.
 
This tournament was a $40 Buy In and we received 10,000 in chips and the rounds are 20 minutes in length.  It does give us time to play and it allows me to try some things without feeling I am going to lose all my chips in a hurry.  Of course if they don't work out then I have to play a little bit differently than I wanted.  Adjusting my play all during the tournament. 
 
In this session I decided to keep track of the amount of chips I had at the end of each round.  Since we started with 10,000 in chips that was the beginning and I wanted to see how I would do in each round and what I played.  Patience was the big area I was working on as well.
 
I didn't keep track of how the hand played but did keep track of the showdown and the ones I played.  Since we started with 10,000 chips the blinds where 25/25.  During this time I played three hands and they were JJ, 1010, KK and by the end of the first level I was at 14,025.  That was a nice chip up for the first level.  I am now hoping to continue the growth.
 
The next level was uneventful and ended up not playing any hands during the 20 minutes.  I had to pay the blinds but did not end up playing them to showdown.  I ended the 2nd level with the blinds at 25/50 at 12,300 chips.  Patience at this level was needed from me since I usually will play something.  Trying to show the new me.
 
The next level was 50/100 and I ended up playing one hand during this level and it happened to be on my BB.  The hand was the Q8 and more than likely it was called with others in the pot since everyone likes to see the post-flop before playing.  At the end of this level I was at 11,600 in chips and really I need to start opening up a bit and add to my chips now. 
 
Now that we are the next level 100/200 I wanted to start playing a few more hands and I ended up playing QJ, JJ, A10.  Even though I played them I didn't get as many chips as I would have liked.  I ended up at 10,200 chips at the end of the round.  My raises kept me from getting chips into the pot and maybe I should have played so that I would check the cards and let others bet for me and I didn't do that.  I don't like slow playing cards because I seem to lose the pots to 2 pair or straights. 
 
The next level was 150/300 and I didn't play any hands but I did seem to get to 12,600 at some point and it was climbing back up.
 
The last level for me was the 400/800 level where I was at 9,400 chips and I went all in with Q10 and was wanting to put pressure on a player to my right.  She ended up tanking for a bit and then ended up calling and my two pair was taken down by a straight.
 
I found this interesting to keep track of chip levels and not so much of the end results of the cards on the flop. 
 
I will be playing the Wildhorse Pendleton Roundup so any help I give myself will be a plus.
 
Have a fun day......

No comments: