Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Big Game

I ended up playing in the tournament again and this time I ended up placing 6th.  I am getting close to the money.  It is such a money sucker and I should stay away from them.  So far this week I have put $75 into playing them with no return.  I could have used it for more chips on the live table.  Why do I do this to myself?
 
By the time I was done with the tournament the live game was already in full swing and they were playing $2-$20 with $2-$40 buttons.  I was the only hold out at the table trying to hang onto my $2-$20 game.  Now, this is an experience for me.  I am definitely trying to control the pots when I am involved and not wanting to raise because they would end up raising me to the higher amount.  I would check and when they would raise to $20 I would call the raise just to close off the bets.  I was also not getting very many hands to play.  I had to be careful because when I wasn't in the pot the game was a $2-$40 game.  One person reloaded and this was $600 for him.  My bankroll right now couldn't handle this.
 
I must say I am not playing with scared money.  This is my bankroll and if I lost it all then I would have to try and find a way to work this up again.  I would rather take my time and learn while the bankroll continues to go through the variance of the ups and downs.  I am not going to put my bankroll on the table just to try and get it to grow faster as I consider this to be gambling and I don't want to do that.  I have to be reasonable in my play.
 
I ended up playing three hands throughout my two hours today.  I did a lot of sitting and watching others play at this higher level.  There wasn't much of a difference except the size of the bets.  Same cards, same results just bigger pots.  Someday I want to jump in with them and play the big pots.
 
I played KK, AA and AQ and won each of the pots.  The other hands I started out with didn't flop well and I would fold.  It was a good day for me as I was able to make enough with these hands that I ended up with $80 in profit for the day.  Tomorrow is another day and I will be back playing and hopefully it will be the $2-$20 game.
 
Have a fun day.....
Hourly Rate 17 Hours at $19.73.


No comments: