Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Weekend is Here

I have been able to reflect on the week and think about what I was able to accomplish and what I want to be able to do this next week.
 
One of the things I noticed on Thursday when I was playing was the amount of chips available after two hours of live play and I had not been able to play yet.  As my two hours was going on I noticed the people, that had a lot of chips, were getting lower.  What I noticed was the rake and tokes being taken off of the table and if it were not for a couple people reloading, especially the person in the nine seat, the chips we were playing for would have been less.  Something else I noticed that when the chips got less the game seemed to tighten up and it became more important to try and play the good hands and get paid off.
 
I have also received my new book called "Poker's 1%."  So far it is a good read and presents a couple of thoughts that I had not thought about.  I need to try and incorporate some of this in my game.  The book is about the NLHE game and since I play a limit spread I am hoping that since I am playing the $2-$20 game I might be able to use the ideas.  I am constantly reading and try to study the game to see where I can become better.   Always thinking about the game.
 
Back to the weekend and hoping to have a good week ahead.
 
Have a fun day...... 
 
     

No comments: