Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What Day is Today?

It has become a common phrase now since the camel started roaming the television commercial.  I started replacing it with "it is KFC Chicken Pot Pie Day."  At least it works for me.
 
I know that I don't want to play in any tournaments and would rather play in the live cash games and it is hard when you show up and the tournament game basically has got to be finished before the live game will start.  Thank goodness the game is only $25 and it goes really fast at 10 minute blinds.  Then the live game starts at 11AM and that is fine with me.  I just have to make sure I am there by 10AM to get my name up on the board since the game is usually full.
 
I ended up in the five seat and I put $135 on the table to start.  Most everyone is putting $100 to $150 and so I am right there having enough chips to start.  I was having a rougher time getting myself going as the cards just were not coming my way.  I don't know whether I was getting bored or frustrated and played a couple of hands I shouldn't have and it cost me a little bit.  I thought about my play and just told myself I needed to just take my time and the cards will turn around.
 
My best hand of he day was the AJs and I got two of the suit on the flop and a J.  The guy across from me told everyone he had the best hand and to go away.  He was betting $20 into the pot.  I just couldn't buy it and so I called.  A blank came out and he stated it again and bet and I called.  Since the J was the highest card on the board and having the two suited cards there as well I just couldn't buy into the made hand.  There were a lot of possibilities for him that would be good and I could take that away with a higher pair or make the flush.  The river card is a heart which makes my flush and no full house possibility.  He bets I complete and turn over my flush and he throws his cards in the muck.  That made me happy and I was stacking chips.
 
I try to treat this as a job.  An enjoyable job at that.  I look at this as being on commission and some days you don't bring home a paycheck but if you run it right you can be fine.  
 
Having patience is crucial for me and not playing any cards just to play.  I am seeing different people every day and that makes it harder to get used to a single group of people.  Right now I am staying only two hours and would like to push that to three hours soon.  I like the fact I have put myself on a timeframe or depending on the chip count.  I have never gotten up yet when I scored big before the two hours is up.  I don't like doing that so I would rather stay the whole two hours and get up when it is time.  If I stay on this schedule I will have 10 hours of play for the week and that should be good. 
 
I was watching Live at the Bike last night and they were talking about the hours they put in daily and Nichole is putting in 40 hours and Tuchman puts in about 20 per week.  If I could get my bankroll up to an acceptable amount
 
Have a fun day.......
Hourly Rate:    15 Hours at $17/Hour 

3 comments:

DreamCatcher said...

Hey Steve another great post enjoyed reading. By the way my blog address changed to roadstotomorrow.com question for you. That hand where you had the flush it was the nut flush there were no full house possibility so you had the absolute nuts. When he bet the river why did you not raise?

DreamCatcher said...

Oops that should be roadstotomorrow.blogspot.com

Steve said...

I could have but I think I was so confused at why he was trying to get me to fold that I figured I would try to pot control and if he did have it I would not lose so much. It is definitely a learning situation for me. As I said before there are three levels and I am working on #2. I know what I have but I am work on what does he have.