Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Just Wait Long Enough it Will Change

Another day and I am sitting in the number four seat.  I have never been superstitious but when it is going good you just have to try again.  Really, I do have some superstitions but not worth going into at this point.
 
I told the dealer I was not here to play the tournament just the cash game.  I put my $30 on the table for the $2-$6 limit game and was hoping for another good day like the last ones.  I just did not get the cards today and even if I did there was one better.  I was gone from the cash game in about 30 minutes and I headed out the door.
 
The next day I showed up again for the cash game and this time I put myself into the tournament which is the $5 tournament and you get 1,000 in chips with add-ons and you have re-buys for the first four rounds.  Rounds are 10 minutes each.
 
I was out of the cash game in about 30 minutes again and waited for the tournament to start.
 
I must say the tournament did not go well and I was out 20/30 players.  My Qx ran into a flush right off the flop.  Qxx on the flop and I didn't have a chance to even wish on the cards.  I did get a Q on the river but needed to pair another card.  Again out the door and home.
 
The last two days of playing poker, especially the $2-$6 game where everyone wants to see the flop and never gives up is hard.  When I got out to the pick-up I sat there for a bit and finally asked myself if I was having fun.  Did I really enjoy myself doing this?  At that point I had to tell myself that I was not having fun anymore.  It is frustrating to be in an area that the games that I want to play are not here.  It is a question that I just have to answer if I want to continue playing or not. 
 
I am a very competitive person and ever since High School have played some type of sport and have always pushed myself to be the best at whatever I was doing.  It gets frustrating when you know what to do but are unable to pull it off.  Maybe I am trying to hard and need to just have fun with the game and not be so serious. 
 
Will need to think about this.....

1 comment:

FlushhDraw said...

Have u stopped blogging???