Monday, February 24, 2014

Here we go again....

I started the blog in 2005 and I wrote mainly about my trading stocks and poker experiences.  At the beginning of this year I tried to access the blog and found out that I was unable to get in no matter what I tried.  Google had taken over my access and I just couldn’t get it back.  I was frustrated and decided to give up writing about my experiences since I lost everything.  Now that three months have gone by I decided to try writing again and this time I won’t be so narrow in what I write about.  This blog will be about my journey, dreams, poker and my fight with diabetes.
Diabetes has taken up quite a bit of me and I need to put in writing what I am doing about this.  This started a number of years ago and progressed from taking medication to having to give myself seven shots per day.  At that time I started on the insulin pump and it has been four years now.  This past week I have a new pump called the 530G with Medtronics and this one has the sensor that will monitor the trend of where my Blood Sugars are going.  I still have to prick my finger to see what my Blood Sugars are but now I can watch and trend the sensor as well.
I got myself up Sunday morning and for the past year I have been getting on the computer to put in my unemployment claim.  I have four weeks left of my retraining and then try and enter the work force.  I have been working on the certificate for Customer Support Help Desk in Computer Science.
I follow a number of blogs, and one of them is a travel blog, and he has been working on his weight.  He has been eating a Subway sandwich for lunch and dinner almost every day.  I need to try something new with my weight loss efforts and so I will try and eat a subway sandwich for lunch and if it works I will continue eating a sandwich for lunch.  Being diabetic and watching the carbs will be my issue.  We will see where it goes.
We went to the furniture store in the afternoon and we found a couch and loveseat that we liked.  At least it fit me when I sat down.  Most couches are long in the seating area and I tend to dangle my feet and it is uncomfortable for me.  This couch does not do that to me.  It will be delivered on Thursday this week.  We have not purchased new furniture in quite some time. 
Have a fun day…..


No comments: