Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mondays are rough...


Waking up Monday morning and the weather outside is cold.  We were supposed to have snow in the area and we did not get it.  The temperature has dipped back into the 30’s and that means I will have to wear my warmer jacket again.
I have been working on Ebay again selling sports cards.  I used to do this, years ago, and I decided to try this again.  There are so many special cards that if you find the right one in the pack you can make a little bit of money.  The only problem I have is trying to make money after it is sold.  Ebay, Paypal and USPS all want a piece of the pie.  You have to allow for all of that when I try to sell the product.  Right now I have five cards on the site and one of them is sold.  If I put one or two on the site every few days I will keep busy watching and finding new cards to sell.
I headed off to the bus transfer station to catch the bus over to the college.  I have been riding the bus to the college for the year and it has saved me quite a bit of gas money.  It only adds a total of thirty minutes to my day total and that is not bad.  Especially now in the winter and I don’t have to worry about the weather other than getting to the transfer station.
On my way back to the house I stopped by our local Fred Meyer and picked up some groceries and some more baseball and football cards.  You never know when you will find that lucky card.  I then went straight over to the subway store and picked up my roast beef sandwich.  This is my second day in a row eating this sandwich and it is good.  I always wish subway would put a little more meat in the sandwich. 
My Blood Sugars have been steadily dropping to an acceptable level and as long as I am diligent about not eating the Carbs I will be alright.  It is so hard to get away from them on a daily basis. 
We finished watching “The House of Cards” and will have to wait until the next season to continue watching this great show.  It gets our attention and we watched two to three episodes per night and now we have to wait like everyone else.
I have been working on the Database Management class and we are working on the quarter project.  There are four in my group and we have four weeks to finish building this database.  I wouldn’t mind doing this as a job when finished with the program.
Called my Dad and he is back to throwing up again.  It just doesn’t make sense and he has been cleared by the doctors saying nothing is wrong in the GI area.  I will be sending an email to the doctor again about this issue and see what he says.  He lives in an Assisted Living place and the nurses do a great job watching him.
Have a fun day……

No comments: