Monday, March 10, 2014

Round we go......

I went through the day feeling lightheaded and figured it was possibly my Blood Sugar.  I looked at my pump and it said 268 and when I took my Blood Glucose it said 167.  Wow, that calibration is way off.  Can I trust the sensor?  I keep working to get it lower and the pump is saying I am higher than I really am.  I will now start watching the pump and calibration numbers.  I was told from the trainer that the Medtronic One touch was not the best and I should use the Bayer for my finger sticks.  My insurance told me they would not pay for the test strips for the Bayer machine.  Just doesn’t make sense not to pay for something that works better.
I started working on my homework in the database class and going over the lectures the instructor put online.  It has been helpful and to know what is going to be on the final allows me to practice in SQL before the time comes.
I did put in my unemployment claim this morning.  I only have three weeks left before I am unable to get the help.  Of course, I will be done with college and have the certificate and will be looking for some type of job in the computer world.  Finding something will be hard around this location as they are looking for the BA or BS degree.  I have the experience but not the paper.  Being my age I am not going to go after another degree.  I already have an AS and an AAS with this Computer Science Certificate.  I just don’t need more.
I have been spending more time as well watching poker online and am getting ready to start playing in some tournaments and would like get into some live games as well. 
Our yard is starting to turn green and this tells me spring is basically here.  Mowing the yard will be a chore again but having the plants, trees, yards, turning green is great.  Our back yard needs a lot of work.  I would like to make some wooden garden areas and try my ability to raise some vegetables.  I am not sure I have the green thumb but will try.
Have a fun day….. 


No comments: