Thursday, March 06, 2014

Spring is coming......


I didn’t get the blog written yesterday so I will try to catch up on what has happened in the world around me. 
I got a call real early this morning from the doctor’s office saying they would like to see my dad today.  I sent them a picture of his finger and the gout he has going.  The Uric acid crystals have just enveloped his knuckle and it just looked painful.  After spending time with the physician he decided against draining the fluid and putting him on steroids.  Then in two months he will put him on some gout medication so he does not get this again.  I, of course, take after him and have been on gout medication for years.  I have gotten this in my toes and the ankle.  Hurt like heck and I just surrender to taking the pill on a daily basis.
I was also asked to purchase a jacket for my brother.  He lives in New Mexico and wanted a Seattle Sounders Jacket.  He is a Coach for a school down there and I don’t know what he will do with the jacket but it looks nice.
I am now travelling back and forth to College with my truck instead of taking the bus.  I need some more time and or lack of time riding the bus to get to Dad and his appointments.  Still working on the database project and now I am preparing for the final exam which will be SQL writing.  I am trying to get the 7 gig program on my computer so I can practice at home.  I purchased a 16 gig Flash Drive and hope that will be enough to download the program.  I do have enough on my computer at home.  Hopefully today I can get that done.
I have been watching the Commerce Main Event streaming online and even though they do not give play by play I can still learn how they play.  I try to be active in watching the play and I can see the cards on the table and try to guess what each person is holding according to the bet sizing.  It keeps me in the game.  In a couple of weeks my plan is to play some more poker weekly and try to find some work as well.  I keep adding to my bankroll so that when I am ready to go will have a big enough bankroll to try and grow that knowing the variance involved.  I am reading books on strategy on the different levels of playing poker.  The Wildhorse Spring Tournaments are just around the corner and I want to be ready for them as well.
Spring is on it’s way…….

No comments: