Saturday, March 01, 2014

Not a Good Day....

I received the call this morning that I was waiting for.  It was from the automotive repair shop and the total price for the work that was done on the pickup was $1.426 and some change.  I was happy with the amount only because it could have been worse.  They were kind enough to not charge me labor in some areas since they were already there.  Since CI left this morning with the car I had decided I would either walk or take the bus.  It can’t be that far to walk and enjoy the day.  It ended up being longer than I had thought. I did find a new trail going down the hill to the road and that was good.  It was nice to walk into the office and pay for the truck and head out to do my errands.
First up was the transfer of funds from one bank to another.  We use separate banks and that has worked out for us for many years.  Once that was done I was headed home.  I ate my subway sandwich for lunch and then headed over to my sons home to help him take his two dogs to the groomers.  Wrigley and Sassy somewhat enjoyed the ride.  Wrigley wants to get on your lap while driving and Sassy sat in the back seat whining the whole time. 
During the morning I bit down on something and chipped my front tooth.  Now I must make a visit to the dentist.  I am not a fan of dentists and I always have to take Valium when I go.  This will be no different since I don’t know what he is going to do.  Chipping this on Friday will mean I will have to wait to call the office on Monday and see when I can get in for him to look at it.  At least this does not hurt and it just looks strange.  Not much smiling going on here. 
When CI returned from work she wanted to go to Walmart and I figured I would go with her.  We did the shopping and I was ready to eat something.  We decided to go to a restaurant called “Bento” and have their plate of Tempura Vegetables and then I would have Kalbi.  As I sat down I started feeling shaky.  I immediately brought out my BG kit and also looked at my pump to see where the Blood Sensor was at.  It read 64 and I took my BG and it was at 64 as well.  My shaking was getting worse and I tried to help by drinking my Tea with sugar.  I have been working on drinking tea with no sugar but in this case I needed something now.  My insulin pump actually hit the Threshold Suspend and stopped giving me insulin until I had corrected the low BG.  Once it started going up I got the pump out of suspend mode and let it start the preset amounts again.  It was nice to have the pump doing its job and now I know what it will do.
I sold two of my Sports Cards yesterday on Ebay.  One of them sold for $15 and the other for $123.  The one that sold for $123 was a Jon Lester card that has only 5/10 available.  Now to have the money in my account before they are sent out to the customers.
Have a fun day….


No comments: