Friday, March 07, 2014

Spring means Warmer Weather

The weather is now turning warm and starting to feel like spring.  I can handle this weather change and looking forward to turning off the heat pump and opening up the doors.  Get some air through the house.
After I bought the new 16 gig USB flash drive I was now ready to load the Virtual Box and get the 8 gig SQL program.  I did get some help at the college in loading the applications and now will try to load it on my computer at home.  If this works it will definitely save me some time as I can play with SQL at home before the final exam in two weeks.  After arriving at home the first thing I did was start the process of loading from the USB the programs.  Amazing that it worked and I was able to play a little bit last night on the computer.   Now I will prepare myself for the final exam.
I am still waiting for the person to pay me for the sports card he purchased from my E-bay account.   It would be so nice if E-bay would do something about these people that will run the prices up and then not pay for the merchandise.  Another thing I have been watching is the amount you have to pay just to sell on e-bay.  They get their cut as well as Paypal and then you have to deal with the post office.  Not much of a profit when you get done with all of this.  Trying to find the best way to send the cards through the mail and make sure they arrive safely.  I like the boxes but they are expensive and I don’t want to spend that kind of money or have the customer pay for that as well.
It has now been a week since I chipped my tooth and I have another week to wait for the dentist appointment.  It won’t take long to fix but I don’t like sitting in the chair and I have to take my medicine just to get in there.  I will wait this out and just look strange when I smile. 
I am getting excited to get this quarter done.  Once it is done and I can start looking for a job and I can also start playing poker again.  I promised myself I would not play poker until I was done since I wanted to make sure I studied and passed all of my classes.  I have been on the Presidents list for the last three quarters and with this quarter I am still holding on to an A and would like to finish this off with a 3.99 or 4.00 session.  At least I am giving myself some leeway.
Have a fun day…..

No comments: